Cisco Router Fortification
This is a tutorial on how to harden the security of you Cisco Routers.
- Default Privilege
2. Setting Enable Password. Take note that we should only use Enable Secret in a production network because the Enable Password is in clear text, while the Enable Secret is encrypted.
3. To enter Enable privilege 15, just enter the command enable on user exec mode. But if you wish to enter privilege 4, you must specify the privilege number. Example. “R1>enable 4"
4. Securing VTY Lines and AUX Port
5. AAA Framework (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting)
6. Default Authentication Method List
7. Custom Method List
8. Additional Security commands